Image: © chip-info.com
Our chip-info.com and IoT-chips.com sites are dealing with electronic components and other ingredients for edge computing devices. Focus is on IoT applications (“Internet of Things”), and particularly we are looking at the design of IoT devices. Our website provides independent information and competitive product overviews – and some inspiration and guidance esp. for people specifying requirements and ingredients of an IoT project.
Key elements for a successful IoT design project are
- Wireless networks and related operators and service providers incl. SIM management,
- Electronic components and subsystems like modems, IoT MCUs, sensors, actuators
- Cloud services for device management, application layer services like MQTT, data analysis + reporting, etc.
- IoT demonstrators, network testers and mockups
- Embedded IoT security incl. public-key infrastructures
Sites chip-info.com and IoT-chips.com are for design engineers or technical project managers or other electronics professionals who are exploring the semiconductor market to identify suitable candidates for their business. Typically, products reviewed here are so-called ASSPs (ASSP = application specific standard product) or multi-chip modules. In fact, this website is reviewing certain product groups from user perspective, i.e. with the eyes of an application designer. Chip-info.com provides independent market scans, product overviews and competitive comparison. Our articles collect and consolidate public product data in an effort to support component selection process. Besides technical aspects our articles are focusing on the needs of online customers and distribution customers who rely on decent online resources and support services offered by the product manufacturer.
As of today, we offer several articles and market reviews for the following product categories:
- Evaluating LTE-M and NB-IoT with Raspberry Pi – expert post on EMnify blog at www.emnify.com/en/developer-hub
- Cellular Wireless Modules for IoT
- Digital Humidity/Temperature Sensors
- IoT Secure Elements
- GNSS Receiver Modules
- Ultrasonic Sensing ICs for time-of-flight applications
- Reference Design: IoT Device with 10yrs battery lifetime
Soon to come: “NB-IoT Use Cases and Devices – Design Guide”, Springer Verlag (see advance info here)